DPMM FC ROPE IN ABD MU'IZ TO REPLACE SAIROL

Abd Mu'iz Sisa (C) during a training session at the Jerudong Mini Stadium last month. Picture: BT/Yee Chun Leong

DPMM FC have signed left-back Abd Mu’iz Sisa to replace the injured Sairol Hj Sahari for the rest of their Singapore League (S-League) campaign.

Sairol had started the first eight matches for the defending champions before rupturing his left anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during a training session at the Jerudong Mini Stadium in April.

He will miss the rest of the season and Najib Hj Tarif became the first choice player for the position.

DPMM FC then went in search of another left-back putting Abd Mu’iz on trial in the middle of last month before he put pen to paper last Wednesday.

However, he will have to wait before making his debut as he has yet to take the mandatory S-League fitness test.

The 25-year-old, who laced up for Indera SC including winning the DST Super League back-to-back in 2012 and 2013 prior to joining DPMM FC, is excited to sign with the defending champions and hopes to make his presence felt.

“Syukur Alhamdulillah. This is a new environment for me to be given this opportunity to play with DPMM FC,” said Abd Mu’iz in an interview with The Brunei Times yesterday.

“Thanks to Allah SWT that with so many players in Brunei that I was selected to join this professional team. I want to make my family and of course my country proud,” he added.

“I want to prove to coach (Steve Kean), who gave me this opportunity, that he didn’t make a mistake to choose me for this team. I will give my 100 per cent for the team.

“I hope that I’ll be able to break into the first 11 so that I can prove that the things I learnt from the beginning of my career are worth it,” continued Abd Mu’iz, who was part of the 2012 Hassanal Bolkiah Trophy winning side.

He felt that he hasn’t had any problems settling with the team having played with most of the players before. Azwan Ali Rahman, Ak Yura Indera Putera Pg Yunos, Md Khairul Anwar Abd Rahim, Reduan Hj Petara and Nur Ikhwan Othman were all his teammates at Indera SC.

“So far I enjoy playing with this team. Besides, most of the players used to play with me before so it is easier to catch up with their steps,” said Abd Mu’iz, who represented Brunei in the pre-qualifiers of the World Cup against Chinese-Taipei last year.

“So far, the system of training is more or the less the same that I’m used to. It is tougher though as we know DPMM FC are playing in a professional league,” he added.

Kean is impressed with the showing of the left-back on the training ground so far and believes that Mu’iz is a good addition.

“He has been excellent and fantastic. He is really cultured as a footballer. More importantly he is somebody who knows the position,” said the Scotsman.

“He is a natural left-back and he likes to defend. When we do have the ball, he is good going forward. So he’ll be a great addition. I thought it would take him longer but he has been superb,” he concluded.

Popular posts from this blog

BAYONG SENDS QAF FC TO SUMMIT

MD AQMAL SEES INDERA SC HOME

LLRC FT WIN 6-SIDED INVITATIONAL